MalaMala Rattray’s Camp combines humble luxury and romantic charm with unrivalled game viewing. Hidden in a forest of green, along the edge of the world-renowned Sand River, MalaMala Rattray’s Camp is an elite safari destination for those seeking to experience the wild heart of Africa.
Guests are warmly welcomed upon arrival at MalaMala Rattray’s Camp by their amicable staff. Each roomy Khaya (Zulu word for ‘home’) offers an atmosphere of lush seclusion and boasts spectacular views of the Sand River where wildlife of all shapes splash in the private plunge pool, cooling off in the outdoor shower or enjoying a massage on the deck.
At MalaMala Rattray’s Camp, wildlife safaris are one of the most important aspects of your stay. A total of four guests per safari vehicle is allowed and an adjustable schedule will ensure that your safari experience is unmatched. You can enjoy superb meals in the comfort of your own Khaya, or in one of the facilities on the premises. Or even have a delectable bush breakfast.
Facilities at MalaMala Rattray’s Camp:
- A beautifully appointed library containing rare African books and magnificent works of art
- An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
- A historic bar featuring photographs of the early days of this unique area and its pioneers
- A large wooden safari deck where meals and teas are served
- A traditional reed “boma” for evening meals around the fire
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multigym machine, sit up benches, free weights, mats and a steam room
- A massage service
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
With a 23 year history of focusing on great travel experiences within this region of Africa, Tourism That Cares is a Luxury Travel Agent that specialises in luxury African safari’s, luxury Kosher safari’s as well as incentive groups, multi-national conferences, and product launch events. Get in touch today to make your dream holiday or event a reality!